Visit a Food Bank
How We Help the Hungry
Feeding Colorado’s five food banks and our hunger relief partners would love to have you visit our warehouses or a food/meal distribution site! Every day, our organizations and our partners are feeding hungry men, women and children across the state, including your district.
Our food banks offer many opportunities for you and/or your staff to meet constituents and learn about hunger issues in your community. Your support of USDA programs like TEFAP, CSFP and SFSP mean the world to not only us, but also to the people and programs who depend on us. Please take a few minutes this August recess to see firsthand how we fight hunger and how much your support means.
We appreciate your efforts to help us alleviate hunger in Colorado and look forward to your visit!
Food is Being Distributed All Over Colorado
Types of food distribution sites to visit include:
- Mobile Pantries where fresh and non-perishable food is distributed directly to the community from the food bank.
- Children’s feeding sites including SFSP sites where children receive hot or cold meals during the summer months and Kids Cafes where hot meals are served
- Senior feeding sites, including CSFP sites where seniors receive USDA boxes and other staples
- Neighborhood pantries, shelters, community centers and soup kitchens
- Warehouse operations at all five Feeding Colorado food banks where food is received, sorted and safely redistributed
Download this spreadsheet for a few suggested locations sponsored directly by one of the five Feeding Colorado food banks. These are only some of the available opportunities. We know you’re busy and your time is valuable, so we’re happy to hop on a call and help you find the best time and place for your visit. Reach out to one of the contacts below and let’s compare schedules!
All five food banks are open regular hours and distribute millions of pounds of food each month. We look forward to meeting you and showing you how we solve hunger!
Please contact the food bank serving the area you’d like to visit in August!
Care and Share Food Bank for Southern Colorado (serving Colorado Springs, Pueblo and Southern Colorado)
Community Food Share (serving Boulder and Broomfield Counties)
303-652-3663 ext. 227
Food Bank for Larimer County (serving Larimer County)
Food Bank of the Rockies (serving Metro Denver, Northern Colorado, Mountains, Eastern Plains and Western Slope)
Weld Food Bank (serving Weld County)
970-356-2199 ext. 320